As we have already discussed in my last post on page object model, why we need design patterns while coding. In this post, lets see what all pre-requisites are required to get a quick start so that we can get a better understanding of POM aka Page Object Model:
- The functionality classes (PageObjects) represent a reasoned common lineage between the pages of the application.
- The Page Object pattern act for the screens of your web app as a sequence of objects.
- It encapsulates the characteristics represented by a page.
- It permit us to mock-up the UI in our tests.
- A page object is an object-oriented class that work as an interface to a page of your AUT.